I believe in the work of The Theater Project and the impact tht Theater Project Jr has on our youth.
Theater doesn't just teach you to act, or dance, or sing. It can also instill in your child things they might not effectively learn elsewhere!
- can help your child develop their sense of self and identity
- will expand their friendship group
- will help your child to learn responsibililty
- will help your child develop their confidence
- will help your child expolre talents they might not know they had
- will improve their communication skills, co-ordination and fitness
- is FUN!
As for life skills, learning to work with a different group of people each term is going to help develop a child's sense of identity, so they can be themselves all the time. Performing helps to give a sense of confidence to even the shyest of children; having confidence as an adult and a teen will help to ensure confidence in their abilities for the rest of their life. And who knows, skills they pick up during their time at a theatre school might pay off big time when they get older.